Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Reminder For Kids

It's unfortunate to bring this up, because so many positive things have been going on in our neighborhood. But I've been asked by a couple of concerned neighbors to post about it.

Several kids have been playing around (and even underneath) the Sterling trailer on 228th. They've been dragging construction material around to make bike and skateboard ramps and then leave the area messy. Granted, it's not like the area was pretty to begin with. But several neighbors have been trying really hard to clean our community up and these kids aren't helping. Parents, please ask your kids to stay away from the trailer and construction material. We can't afford the risk of someone getting hurt, given that we have no insurance.

Another issue that has come up is a group of kids ringing doorbells and running away. I'm sure the kids think it's funny and I'm sure that some adults will shrug and say "let the kids be kids". But really, it's annoying to those that it's happening to. (And it's happened to me as well.)

3 comments:

jennifer said...

Acouple of the kids doing the ding-dong-ditch have been seen doing it. I have had it happen to me twice...shrugged it off to kids being kids, but your right after a couple of times it's really abnoxious!Noone wants to go tell on harmless kids...playing harmless jokes. So please ask your kids if they are doing this, so you dont hear it first hand from a neighbor.

I also feel that the kids who are spotted down by the Sterling Trailor playing with all the trash...should get back there and clean it up!Im so tired of picking up the aftermath...If I see kids back there...I am taking names. That way when that area is a huge problem, we will know what kids to call on for alittle assistance!

Amy Pepper said...

Thank you for posting this. My husband and I live in the house right next to the sterling trailer and I worry about the kids getting hurt every time I see anyone out there. I to believe that the trailer itself is quite the eye sore and having the materials out that the kids are playing with make it look every more messy. Please ask children to be courteous of those around them and at least be careful not to harm themselves or others, as we all worry about their safety.

Tim and Paige said...

About the Sterling trailer . . . do we have a tow company we use for our private property parking violators? If so, since Sterling has no more lots, let's have it towed. I know someone that owns a tow company. Have we called Sterling to tell them it's here and see if they will come to move it. As far as I'm concerned, it's abandoned property! What are your thoughts?