Sunday, February 28, 2010

Community Garage Sale

Based on feedback, April 9-11 has been picked as the weekend for the community garage sale. Two households have committed so far. It would be great to get 8-10 homes (or more) involved!

Jim has sandwich boards that can be placed at the entrance to help us advertise, and Tricia has offered to place an ad on Craigslist and in the newspaper (we can figure out how to split the cost as the date approaches).

If enough homeowners commit, I don't see why we couldn't open the gates for the event. As long as it's a community-wide effort, I'm doubting anyone would have an issue with it.

8 comments:

Mandy said...

So far it looks like Dawn, Tricia and Nancy are on board for garage sales. Nancy has also offered the use of her sandwich boards. Thank you :)

Tricia said...

I was just wondering if we should look at delaying the garage sale? That is the same week as Spring Break and I am wondering if the weather will hold up for us. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Michelle Sims said...

I would like to participate in the community sale. I live at 8509 229th st. I spoke to my neighbor and she would like to do it as well.

Mandy said...

The date doesn't matter to me (I probably won't be participating... just helping to spread the word). Tricia and Dawn, perhaps you both would like to coordinate on the date?

Anonymous said...

If I was the only one wanting that date, it is fine to change it. Sooner the better for us (our garage is packed)! I notice the gates are open some on the weekends now anyway - maybe the new home builder has asked for that? So we could just have one sooner if need be also.

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone... I was also going to participate in the yard sale on Saturday only. So please let me know if you decide to change the date.
Much appreciated:-)
Debbie Odden
253 375 7406

Tricia Garber said...

O.k. Ladies...Can you all let me know what times you want to do the garage sales so that I can put it on Craiglist as well as in the paper. Is everyone willing to chip in for the cost of the paper ad?
You can give me a call at 253-655-5007

Tricia said...

Our community garage sale will be this weekend, Friday and Saturday from 9am- 4pm. If you want to participate just let me know.
Thanks,
Tricia