Saturday, February 20, 2010

Garage Sale?

It's early in the season, but is anyone interested in picking a weekend for a community garage sale? I know of a couple neighbors who are itching to get rid of some things, so perhaps we could look at early-mid March.

We'd need signs (Jim, could we borrow your sandwich boards?) and could post an ad on Craigslist.

If interested, please post a weekend that works for you. Also, if we get enough neighbors on board, I figure we can plan on having the gates open for the day(s).

5 comments:

Tricia said...

I would love to do this. Is it warm enough during March? I will check my schedule and get back with whoever is putting this together. Thanks for the work.

Anonymous said...

The best weekend in March for me would be 19th-21st. In April, 9-11or 23-25, but I can pretty much make any weekend work - April 9-11 would be really good because the kids would have been on Spring Break that week and can help with pricing of all of their stuff
:0)!!

Thank you,

Dawn

Mandy said...

Should we put April 9-11 on the calendar then?

If we can get enough people on board, we could justify opening the gate. I doubt anyone would mind as long as it's a community effort.

Hmm.. once we have a date set, I should let Renaissance Homes know. Maybe they'd like to hold another open house that weekend. We might benefit from each other's traffic :)

Also... Jim said we could borrow his sandwich boards to advertise.

Tricia Lot 35 said...

Hey Mandy,
Those dates would work for me. Let me know if you need me to do the ad for Craiglist. I did that last year. Also, I can do the ad in the paper again. We can see how many people are interested and split the cost of a newpaper ad.

Mandy said...

Sounds good. I'll create a new blog post to let the neighbors know, and I'll ask Jim to mention it at the meeting ont he 10th :)