Thursday, September 9, 2010

Insurance, GNP, Lighting

The board has decided to go with Farmers for insuring our neighborhood. JC Higgins sent an email out yesterday letting the board know that the check would be written and picked up today, and the policy will go into effect as of today.

The Good Neighbor Policy (GNP) will be mailed today or tomorrow. It's a great reminder to us all that we live in a community and it's important to be a good neighbor. Also, enforcement of our CCRs will begin on October 10. If you still need a copy of the CCRs, please email grandfirs@hotmail.com for a PDF copy.

MCE is taking a look at our entrance lighting and will provide the board with an estimate. If I remember correctly, several of the fixtures beneath the trees are broken. There are roughly 22 fixtures, so once they are repaired our entrance should be lit very well at night. Won't that be nice! :)

4 comments:

Jim Ehnborn said...

We have several licensed electricians living in Grand Firs. Maybe they would be willing to donate their time to repair the low voltage lights if the estimate is too high. I am willing to assist in the project, but I am not a licensed electrician. I do not know if our master insurance policy will allow a non-licensed electrician to work on low voltage lighting.

We also have several street lights in Phase 1 and 2 that are not working.

Anonymous said...

On that note, I am willing to offer up the lumber I have left from building my fence to repair that broken section where the car crashed through it. If someone can give me a hand in repairing it that would be great.

Darin

Mandy said...

Darin, Chris said he'd help with the fence repair. He or I will be in touch with you to coodrinate a day/time. Thanks for donating the lumber.

It's too bad the owner of the vehicle didn't do the right thing and pay for the repairs. But oh well. I saw that car at Safeway recently and it's still being held together with duct tape, so I had a good chuckle about that :)

Jim Ehnborn said...

I have 2 fence posts I'll donate.