Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dog Waste

A neighbor emailed about the amount of dog poop that is taking over our common areas and parks. Dog owners, please remember to take bags with you and clean up after your dogs.

There also seems to be a number of non-residents bringing their dogs to Grand Firs and using our space as a dog park. I would imagine they are partially responsible for dog waste. Technically, they're trespassing but that's difficult to enforce.

I've asked the board to consider having a few signs made to remind people to clean up. No one likes stepping in poo! :)

3 comments:

Mandy said...

PS The signs I have in mind won't look like that graphic I posted! Although I think it's very funny :)

Crystal said...

Also a quick reminder that cats do that too! I have seen numerous cats roaming the neighborhood, leaving deposits in both my front and back yard! Cats shouldn't have free reign either.:)

Paige Cox said...

I 100% agree with the cat comment!! We clean up enough waist in our backyard from our own dog. We don't have a cat & I truly am disgusted when I see the big piles where they have buried "it" along the sides & front of our home!! We are then forced to clean up the mess made by the neighborhood roaming cats!! I'm getting pretty tired of it! Don't people have liter boxes anymore? They must not since that's what our yard is being used as!