Monday, March 28, 2011

Attempted Vehicle Break-In

The following email was sent from Cynthia, who lives on 230th...

I witnessed an individual trying to break into a vehicle in our neighborhood this morning. As I left my house about 5:10 am, I happen to glance over towards my neighbor’s vehicle and saw an individual squatting by the front passenger side tire. I stood and watched for a few seconds as I was not sure if it was my neighbor. It was hard to tell as the individual was wearing a dark hoodie and there was little lighting. When I said, "Hey" The individual looked over at me and then took off running towards the front gate entrance holding something in his/her hand. I immediately got into my vehicle and drove out the front gate in the hopes of getting a better look at the individual. It was too late as individual was gone. I believe the individual was on foot as I did not see any vehicles parked outside the gate for the individual to get into.

I called my neighbors to inform them that I saw someone messing with the tire but was not sure if the individual actually broke into the vehicle as I did not see any glass around the vehicle as I drove by. As it turned out, the vehicle had been tampered with. Many of the folks in the neighborhood do not turn their porch lights on at night. Since this incident, I have decided to try and make sure to turn our porch lights on at night, if for no other reason than to help deter criminals from breaking into the vehicles in our neighborhood.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Another vehicle break-in was discovered yesterday morning around 7am. This neighbor lives on 79th. Nothing was stolen but the door was left open.

Scott said...

Any progress on the Neighborhood watch program? If not, I would glad to help. It is important to keep these incidents documented amongst our community and report them to the Police/Sheriff.

Scott

Mandy said...

Scott, email me! There is one other person interested as well... maybe you guys could work together on it. I'd love to get something started!! grandfirs@hotmail.com