Saturday, July 10, 2010

Dying Trees and Grass

Neighbors, as some have probably noticed, the new planting strips and trees on 228th are thirsty and in severe need of water. Jim brought this to my attention a couple of days ago. I emailed Melinda from Renaissance Homes asking for permission to hook hoses up to the vacant homes, allowing us to water the trees and grass. I have not received a reply.

I wonder if a few volunteers along 228th could "adopt" a planting strip/tree. Some of the trees may be too far gone but it's worth a shot to save them. They need deep soakings every couple of days in this heat. It would be a shame to lose them.

I am taking care of the planting strip and tree next door to my home on 229th. The grass is looking a little brown but the tree is doing well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

According to the CC&Rs the builders are responsible for installing irrigation in the front yard AND the "planting strip." The maintenance of these strips falls on the owner of the property or builder if not yet sold. Also, having seen what has transpired with these strips so far, I think it is is fairly obvious that Freestone should NOT be allowed to change the CC&Rs for phase III, i.e., remove the requirement for irrigation.

Lee Zarella